November 1, 2014
Regrettably delinquent. I confess I have neglected this story.
My self-imposed sentence? To catch things up by December 4, 2014.
Have you ever heard of NaNoWriMo? The National Novel Writing Month began in 1999 when a group of 21 young writers in the San Francisco Bay Area thought that becoming novelists would give them a better chance at getting dates. For one month they got together to churn out 50,000 words a piece. In the process, they discovered that writing this way - "half-literary marathon and half block party" - was fun. Because what they ended up with was not "horrible," they thought anyone could do it too. The national challenge to write a novel in one month was born.
In 2013, according to the NaNoWriMo website, "310,095 participants started the month of November as auto mechanics, out-of-work actors and middle school English teachers. They walked away novelists."
Crazy.
I've been called crazy more than once, but rest assured I am NOT signing up for the NaNoWriMo!
Instead, I am challenging myself to write posts about our June, July, August, September and October visits to the Chippewa and Baraga Correctional Facilities and finish before I next visit in December. (I am not able to make the trip this month.)
Ready?
Here goes...
June 20, 2014
Chippewa
Tammy and I make a one-day trip for a special delivery.
![]() |
| FLD Andie! |
![]() |
| Warden Woods is excited to meet the new arrival. |
![]() |
| FLD Andie is presented to his raiser, Abe (in the blue shirt), and co-raiser Carlos. |
![]() |
| Abe seems to be drinking in the sweet puppy breath of little Andie. |
![]() |
| Abe introduces FLD Andie to FLD Bravo and some of the other puppy raising teams. |





I'm doing NaNoWriMo this month. I did it last year and succeeded and the feeling of getting that many words strung together was just phenomenal. I loved it!
ReplyDeleteMonty and Harlow
Very cool, How Sam Sees It! I hope your NaNoWriMo went well this year.
DeleteAndie!! So cool to see his puppy photo since he's so big and fluffy now.
ReplyDeletecute boy that Andie
ReplyDelete