Friday, January 10, 2014

FLD Bear has landed

A group shot of 11 men and four puppies. Six men are standing in the back row and five men are kneeling in front. They are dressed in the blue and orange uniforms of the Baraga Correctional Facility. One puppy being held in the back row (by the seond man from the right) is a 10 week old yellow lab. The second man from the left kneeling is holding an 8 week old black lab, next to him on the right a nine-month old golden retriever is sitting and next to him to the right is a 3 month old German Shepherd.
Leader Dogs for the Blind inmate puppy raisers at the Baraga Correctional Facility pose with their first two puppies, FLD Axel (yellow Lab) and FLD Bear (black Lab). Included are FLD Harper and FLD Jedi, who were overnight visitors.

More to come...             

4 comments:

  1. My fiance is in this program and we both couldn't be happier about it! this is so wonderful I love that they have the opportunity to be involved in such a good thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad for you and your fiance! And thanks for commenting and taking a read. There will be more on Baraga soon, I promise!

      Delete
  2. My son is also in this program, What a great idea!! Can't wait to see more from Baraga and Jedi!!! I would like to see more programs like this in the system!!! I haven't heard my son this excited about anything in a long time!! Just warms my heart!! Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete