Thursday, December 12, 2013

Baraga "Bear" - a late Christmas gift

At 2:00 p.m. on December 27 I have an appointment at Leader Dogs for the Blind. A puppy care person will hand me a wiggly, tail-wagging, black Lab fur-ball that will likely lick my face and try to nibble my ears.

And I shall inhale...puppy breath.

Future Leader Dog (FLD) "Bear" will then head north with me to our home in the woods of northeastern Michigan. For two short weeks. Come the New Year, FLD Bear heads further north to what will be his foster home during the next 10 to 12 months.

FLD Bear is one of two puppies that is slated to be raised in the Baraga Correctional Facility in our grand state's Upper Peninsula. Or, as any true Michigander would call it, the UP.

I can hardly wait.

In the meantime, we have some catching up to do...





4 comments:

  1. Great idea, patti! Can't wait for the tails...oops, tales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely proud to say that a Bear will be my sons companion for the next 12 months! He is a blessing for my son. And he doesn't know it but he is blessed to have my son as his companion. May they both live life through each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this note about your son. I was happy to meet him and feel very confident that Bear is in good hands! Keep watching, because I have lots more to post...(And I think that Bear is having a great time at Baraga with the guys.)

      Delete